How to use a rights-based approach and international standards in assessing social impact? With UNIVERSITETI I TIRANËS
The course allowed participants to understand, through an interactive learning session, the practical relevance of the international human rights legal framework for the private sector - what are the necessary steps for a company to implement the SDGs, the implications of extraterritoriality for business accountability, and the concept of social impact assessment from a norms-based perspective.
Stakeholders are increasingly becoming more demanding on sustainability criteria and this has brought the “S” of ESG at the core of the international fora. However, many actors seem to struggle to understand what the S actually means – beyond how people are treated in supply chains. This course intended to provide an introduction on how to concretize international standards and norms, and use them as a basis for social impact assessment and link the S to both the E and the G of the ESG.
- What are the most relevant international standards we have to consider as a business? Why are they relevant?
- What does it mean in an ESG context to have a norms-based approach?
- What does it mean to think norms-based?
- Where do the SDGs fit in? Where does traditional CSR fit in? What is the huge advantage of seeing the "S" as anchored in and an expression of international norms?
Email our team
- The business case for Social Value 06 Nov 2023
- Upgrading the business agenda 06 Nov 2023
- European Union compatibility in cross-border philanthropy 06 Nov 2023
- World Water Day 2022 – an opportunity to reflect on the most precious commodity 06 Nov 2023
- 5 Tips to Being A Genuine Ally 06 Nov 2023
- How do you accelerate the implementation of the environmental dimension of the SDGs? 06 Nov 2023
- A Roadmap to Stakeholder Engagement 04 Oct 2022
- 'Vertical Farms' as a post-Covid solution to increase production while saving resources and protecting the environment 26 May 2022
- 5 Surprising Climate Change Impacts 26 Jan 2022
- Roadmap Navigating Climate Risk Management 06 Dec 2021
- The Conservation Conundrum 22 Nov 2021
- “Modern Slavery” & Business: An Overview 01 Oct 2021
- Enhancing Social Equity in the Green Economy 17 Aug 2021
- How can companies in the oil and gas industry efficiently address their ESG challenges? The case of Shell 21 Jun 2021
- Sustainable Housing as a driver for inclusive socio-economic development 09 Jun 2021
- BST highlights SOKO Kenya as a sustainability best practice! 03 May 2021
- Comments on the proposed Directive of the EU Parliament and of the Council as regards Corporate Sustainability Reporting 03 May 2021
- What is a good sustainability strategy and why on earth would you need it? 30 Apr 2021
- ESG goes towards Human Rights and the Social becomes Concrete. Finally! 17 Apr 2021
- ESG From a Norms-Based Perspective. 28 Mar 2021
- Sustainable finance today: what it means and where it's headed. 04 Mar 2021
- Working towards the SDGs with true ESG. 31 Jan 2021
- The Gender Pay Gap and the Coronavirus “Shecession”. 10 Jan 2021